4. 1045 N. Zang Blvd. - Zang's Storefront c.1914
J.F. Zang completed his 2-story triangular 70x30x70 brick veneer storefront at 1045 Zang Blvd. in 1914 for $3000. Zang was a prominent Oak Cliff developer and civic leader. He had just finished leading the charge to complete the Houston St. Viaduct in 1912 and was grand marshal of the parade across the bridge celebrating its completion.
5. 500 N. Ewing - J.G. Davis c.1910
500 N. Ewing was built in 1910 by J.G. Davis. The Davis's moved from 201 Jefferson. Davis was in the cattle business. J.G. Davis was a member of the Oak Cliff Council at the time Dallas annexed Oak Cliff in 1903. Davis was one of many that petitioned lawmakers in Austin to force Dallas to abide by term of the referendum placed before voters at the time of annexation and to force Dallas to do what it had agreed to. Mainly at issue was the matter of saloons. Dallas had them and Oak Cliff didn't want them. Also there were certain civic investments that Dallas promised with regards to newly built schools.
Dallas enforced a poll tax at the objection of the anti-annexationists resulting in a final vote for the annexation of Oak Cliff
with a difference of 18